SULTANA LOAF CAKE | RECIPE
Last week I felt like a domestic goddess. Not entirely sure what came over me, but I managed to do all the cleaning, laundry, bed changes, hoovering and mopping. I then decided as I was on a roll I would make a cake! This is a really quick and easy fruit loaf recipe. It’s really easy to make. I always use a loaf tin but you could definitely use a cake tin if you didn’t have one.
- 225g (8 oz) self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 110g (4 oz) margarine
- 110g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 225g (8 oz) mixed fruit
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 2lb loaf tin or if you don’t have one you can use a cake tin. I greased my tin with margarine, but you can use greaseproof paper if you prefer to.
- Mix the flour and salt, rub in margarine until smooth.
- Stir in sugar and fruit. Beat together eggs and milk, then mix together to a soft consistency.
- Add to loaf tin. I add bit of sugar on the top to give it that nice crunch, but it is optional.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
You could add different fruit or swap for chocolate!