We were so busy this weekend attending parties and meeting friends, I decided on Sunday I couldn’t arrive empty handed so as well as my Banoffee Pie, Moo helped me make some fairy cakes for the children. So easy and quick to make, and now with all the delicious fancy decorations you can decorate them with such a fun activity for the children in the holidays too!
- 125g Margarine
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 125g Self raising flour
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Level teaspoon baking powder
- Dr.Oetker easy swirl icing (I used pink and chocolate)
- Cake sprinkles of your choice
- Few drops of almond essence (personal choice)
- 12 cup cake cases
- Preheat oven to 180°c
- Beat together the sugar and margarine till smooth, add the flour, baking powder and eggs and mix until a smooth batter. Lastly add the almond essence if you wish.
- Pour the mixture into the cases evenly and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and spongy.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Once cooled, decorate with the swirl icing and sprinkles of your choice.
Moo loved making these and loved eating them too! She even tried the cake mixture for the first time! – Yes mean mummy alert! I have been wary about letting her try it, what with raw egg and all, but I caught her red handed and she looked like she was enjoying it so much I couldn’t let her stop! she did declare after a while she was stuffed and I should remove it from her view to stop her eating it!
Mummy Hearts You