I tried this recipe out this week and I cannot believe I have not made flapjack sooner! In fact I have never made it and I am stumped at why not as it was so easy and the results were rather delicious. Both G and H loved it and I will be making a second batch this weekend thanks to the large tub of Golden Syrup I bought! If you want a quick and easy recipe then give this one a try!
- 225g plain porridge oats
- 110g butter
- 8 tbsp golden syrup
- 110g brown sugar
- 55g rasins
- 55g milk chocolate chips
- Put the butter, sugar, and syrup in a saucepan, and stir ir over a medium heat until the butter has melted.
- pour the melted mixture into a mixing bowl, and add the porridge oats and any optional ingredients you want to add, I added raisins
- scoop the mixture into a papered tin, flattening the mixture with the back of a spoon.
- bake the flapjack in the oven at about 180°c for around 30 minutes, or until the flapjack has browned.
- once you take the flapjack out, you should cut it before it cools completely because it will harden.