Banoffee Pie has to be my all time favourite, cream, bananas, toffee sauce and a biscuit base. Nothing is more satisfying than all those four ingredients if you ask me! I had the pleasure in making one at the weekend so I had to share!
- 175g Digestive biscuits
- 300ml double cream
- 3 bananas
- 50g melted butter
- 397g carnation tin of caramel sauce (I used 1 and a half tins in a 12inch flan tin)
- Cadbury’s flake for chocolate decoration
- Round tin with loose bottom
- crush the digestive biscuits into a fine mixture and combine with the melted butter, once you have mixed together place into the bottom of the flan tin.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Spoon in the caramel sauce and spread evenly.
- Slice the bananas and place on top of the caramel sauce.
- Whisk up the cream so it forms thick peaks.
- Smother on to the pie and smooth out.
- Crush the flake and sprinkle on top for decoration.
In my eyes, most definitely the best dessert ever..
Mummy Hearts You