I love bananas, and I love chocolate. Now before I met the husband I was not a fan of banana cake, but 10 years on, Ive become a banana cake addict! (thanks to his mum) recently I made a black banana cake, this weekend I had so many bananas left over I thought I would make another but I had no chocolate, but I did have Nutella! so I thought I would just chuck some of that in and see how that would work out! It worked out pretty well if Im honest! Sometimes baking and throwing things in is the best way to cook!
- 3 Bananas
- 50g butter
- 70g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Large egg
- 70g light brown sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp Nutella
- 2 tbsp milk
- Roughly slice up the bananas and put in a mixing bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients – (except the milk and Nutella) – mix until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Place the milk and Nutella in a bowl and heat in a pan over a low heat to form a smooth, chocolatey liquid
- Pour the nutella into the mixing bowl and roughly fold in. Don’t mix in completely as you’ll want it to form a marbled mixture
- Pour into a greased (or lined) loaf tin and bake
- Dust with a little demerara sugar
- Bake in the oven at 180°c for 30-40 (if the top starts to darken cover with foil)
- EAT… (BEST EATEN WARM!)
Pretty gutted that it came out a bit flat! but it still tasted good all the same!
Mummy Hearts You