Woodland Walks {The Ordinary Moments}

I have cheated this week as I have not taken many photos. Its been a pretty bad week, if you have read some previous post with Moo starting school then I have been a bit pre-occupied with my head buried in a pillow!

But thinking about this linky and joining up I wanted to share what will be an ordinary moment for us throughout the Autumn and Winter months.

We are so lucky to have some of Essex’s finest country parks surrounding us and one of those is Thorndon’s which some of you may know, is the home of the Gruffalo trail. Its a lovely hunt that has been made, with all the animals carved out of wood and hidden in the deep dark wood. As a family we love to go, and it never gets tiresome.

afterlight copy

As well as the trail, there are lots of muddy puddles to jump in, bridges to cross, and a shop to end your visit for a lovely hot cocoa. (In the summer it ended in a lovely cold ice-cream!)

Its a lovely family outing, to walk off your sunday roast!

I am linking up with the lovely Katie at Mummy Daddy Me for her wonderful linky The Ordinary Moments

mummy daddy me
 Mummy Hearts You

Mummy Heart’s You

19 thoughts on “Woodland Walks {The Ordinary Moments}

1. Jess @ Along Came Cherry says:

I love walking in wellies then having a nice hot chocolate afterwards. I was getting quite into the change of seasons when Summer decided to come back, it’s supposed to be 23 degrees tomorrow! x

• Mummy Hearts You says:

Oh I know! The winter coat made an appearance last week, I’m guessing I am going to have to put it back away this week!

• Mummy Hearts You says:

Winter is lost definitely my favourite season, then summer! I love to wrap up warm and feel all snugly!

• Mummy Hearts You says:

Moo was in her wellies all winter last year, she is going to be in for a shock when she realises she cannot wear them for school!

2. cariemay says:

I wish we lived near a Gruffalo trail, that sounds amazing, and Kitty would just love it! We haven’t had quite enough rain around here for welly walks to form part of our days yet but they’re on the horizon – and as a certain someone has new Hello Kitty wellies she’s desperate to try out I’m rather looking forward to the first big splash!

• Mummy Hearts You says:

They should really pop them up in more country parks! They are so lovely and all the children I’ve seen absolutely love it!

3. Katie @mummydaddyme says:

I also love Welly walks and while I love summer, I also really enjoy Autumn and Winter. There is something so lovely about putting on your hat, scarf and wellies and going out, before coming in for a nice snuggly hot chocolate under a blanket. And I really want to try the Gruffalo Trail- it isn’t too far from us, about an hour, and I know that Mads would love it. x

• Mummy Hearts You says:

If it’s not too far for you to come, its definitely a must! Mads would love it..

4. richmondmummy says:

Fantastic pics! We recently went to the Gruffalo Trail for the first time and my toddler LOVED it, really sparked her imagination and it was great exploring in the woods. Happy days :-) x

• Mummy Hearts You says:

It is fun isn’t it! I feel so lucky it’s just down the road, and I can go when ever I like with the children.

5. TalesofaTwinMum says:

I love forest walks, whatever the weather. And my boys adore puddle jumping – the more mud and water the better. Love the pics. The Gruffalo trail sounds fab – I always tell them to look out for Gruffalos in the trees on our walks – I wish we had some they really could spot. x

6. ourlifebusymakingmemories says:

Yes!! Muddy Wellies! This post makes me so excited for autumn! Even better is now Sebastian is walking i can get him in on the action too, and it wont be just me kicking leaves and splashing in puddles like a loony, while he sat in the pram like last year!

• Mummy Hearts You says:

I totally agree, my boy will get his first pair of wellies this year so he too can join in the fun!

7. Actually Mummy says:

Gosh I’m just starting to peek into the blogs who post lovely photos. Those pink wellies against the mud look just beautiful. I’ll have to brush up on my photography skills so I can join in :)